We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and building inclusive communities by empowering our employees whilst putting our customers at the centre of everything we do.
UCG is conscious of the social impact that its operations may have on local communities and pays great attention to ensuring that its activities run smoothly, in co-operation with community organisations, civic institutions, contractors and stakeholders. UCG believes that its operations should generate economic benefits, create opportunities for an improved quality of life, respect the environment and constitute a positive influence in the communities in which it operates.
The Company is committed to conducting its business responsibly, with honesty, integrity and in accordance with all applicable local and international regulations and laws, respecting human rights and the interests of all those that may be affected by its activities, with the aim of achieving long-term sustainability. All employees and contractors of UCG and visitors to UCG premises are required to adhere to this policy and are always encouraged to apply its principles and in all places.
- Create a working environment for our employees based on mutual trust and respect, and in which diversity and inclusion are valued.
- Consider potential social impacts of Company operations (e.g. demog raphic, socioeconomic, on health, social infrastructures, natural resources, lifestyle and cultural heritage) and adopt solutions that enhance the positive effects on local communities and reduce the adverse effects.
- Be a role model and build long term relations within local communities founded on trust and mutual benefit.
In line with our Management effort, the following operating practices are adopted:
- conduct activities with honesty, integrity and in observance with laws and regulations and any additional measures considered necessary;
- practice non-discrimination in employment with respect to race, sex, religion, political opinions, social origins, age and disability;
- protect religious diversity and local ethnic/cultural heritage;
- protect workers and population from damage caused by the direct and indirect impact of Company operations;
- seek to minimise the use of natural resources;
- consider ways of mitigating adverse social impacts in cooperation with the people and communities affected, in the same way as for other types of environmental impact;
- encourage local socioeconomic development using local labour and material whenever possible;
- cooperate with local communities in pursuing initiatives of mutual interest aimed at enhancing local potential and spreading the benefits to local population;
- communicate openIy and actively encourage dialogue with workers, communities and civic institutions on all issues relating to this policy;
- sensitise employers and anyone working with UCG of the awareness of the present Corporate Responsibility Policy;
- this policy will be enforced through dedicated management commitment and review, supported through supervision and complied with by all personnel.